Monday, August 27, 2007

Football: OIA White preview

There's a whole lot to talk about in the White Conference, and the return of Darren Johnson is a good place to start.

Star-Bulletin: Johnson resurfaces at Kaimuki, has shot in wide-open race

The preview is long, which is my way of saying that my bosses were kind enough to run all of my nearly endless writing.

One of the reasons why I feel an affinity for D-II football is that I spent eight years covering sports on the Big Island, where most schools are smaller and community spirit is stronger. I never tire of D-II sports because the competition is usually great. New schools like Anuenue can compete with old schools like Kaimuki, pitting teams from Palolo and Kapahulu in sport.

Check out the preview, then let me know who I missed. There's a lot of raw talent in the White Conference, and even with the length my bosses accorded me for the preview, I can't mention every standout player out there. I try, but it's nice to get your input when I miss.

No comments: